Military Base Sales Call Idea's
- Brad BentonKeymasterFebruary 7, 2013 at 5:58 pmPost count: 148
BASIC MILITARY BASE SALES CALL OUTLINE
*Identifying who to call on.
– MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation)
– The bowling alley, officers and non-commission officers clubs, theater, community center, information ticketing and tours,(ITT) information ticketing and registration.(ITR)
– The leisure travel office.(LTO)
– The commercial travel office.(CTO)
*Identifying where the business is coming from or going to.
– Ask the leisure travel office (LTO) or commercial travel office (CTO) what are the feeder cities.
– Ask who books meetings, conferences or events.
– Work with the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Marketing Manager.
– Work with the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Director.
– Work with the ITT or ITR Offices.
– Work with the leisure travel office manager on packages.
– Work with Ombudsman for ship homecomings.
*Getting past the gate or guard
– Have an idea of who to ask for. The contracted travel agency, travel and transportation, meeting planner.
– Do your homework in advance.
*What to present
– A per diem or best available government rate package.
– Why they would book your service. Price, Location, Amenities
Once the sales call is complete below are more ideas for calls and where to get them.
– Base Travel Shows
– Base Newspaper
– Local Association Newspaper
– Information Ticketing & Tours or Information Ticketing & Registration Papers
– Websites; i.e., base websites, military living
*Local Marketing Ideas
– Sponsorship i.e., Armed Forces Weekend, Summerfest, Octoberfest, Golf Outings,etc.
– Provide information to new comers orientation.
– Homecoming of ships.
– Create Low Season Packages-i.e. Valentine’s Day, Antiquing, Comedy Club, Christmas Tree Package.
– Work with Public Affairs Office.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.